No products in the cart.
Equipments Used: Kadai (Wok) / Heavy Bottomed Pan, Dhokla & Idli Steamer With Plates
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 40 mins | Total time: 50 Mins | Serves: 2
- 1 Cup Horse Gram Dal (Kollu) , soaked overnight
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1 Onion , chopped finely
- 1 Tomato , chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt , to taste
Directions for Gahat Rasmi Badi Recipe (Uttaranchal Kulith Koftas In Tomato Onion Gravy)
- To prepare Gahat Rasmi Badi Recipe (Uttaranchal Kulith Koftas In Tomato Onion Gravy), soak Gahat dal in water overnight. Drain the excess water and grind them into a coarse paste with turmeric, chopped green chilies and a little salt.
- Scoop a tablespoon of grounded paste and roll into small round balls. Ensure that the batter is firm to do koftas and is not watery.
- Steam the balls in a steamer or in an idly cooker for about 10 minutes until they are cooked completely. Remove the koftas once it is cooked and keep it aside.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick pan. Add oil to the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Stir in the chopped onions and cook until they become transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they become mushy.
- Add spice powders and combine them well.
- Now, add water to the onion-tomato mixture and cook until they are completely cooked
- Season it with salt. Now add steamed gahat balls to the curry.
- Cook with the lid covered over medium flame for about 5 minutes until the balls are blended completely with the curry.
- Serve Gahat Rasmi Badi Recipe (Uttaranchal Kulith Koftas In Tomato Onion Gravy) with hot steamed rice and kulcha.